Jon Lebkowsky is cofounder, co-host, editor and sometimes blogger at Plutopia News Network, which is a freewheeling independent media organization co-operated with cofounder Scoop Sweeney. Jon is an authority on, and evangelist for, computer-mediated communications, virtual communities, and online social networks. He has been a writer, editor, publisher and digital culture maven. He also worked in various capacities as a project manager, systems analyst, technology director, and online community developer. He’s a greybeard, a meditator, and wishes he could play the sax.
Other current projects…
- Cofounder, former President, and member of the Board of Directors of EFF-Austin, an organization that’s been supporting digital freedom in Texas since 1990. EFF-Austin was originally founded to become a chapter of the national Electronic Frontier Foundation, but when EFF decided not to have chapters, the already robust local organization continued as an ally of EFF, but with no formal connection.
- the WELL (as community host)
- FringeWare (as CEO and as publisher and sometimes editor of FringeWare Review)
- Whole Earth (as a writer, and as subdomain editor for the Millennium Whole Earth Catalog)
- WorldChanging (as technology manager and blogger)
- Viridian Design Movement (as website manager)
- Mondo 2000 (as a writer)
- Boing Boing (as writer and associate editor)
- Factsheet Five (as book review editor)
- the Austin Chronicle (as writer)
- Society of Participatory Medicine (as cofounder and former board member)
- Extreme Democracy (as co-editor)
- Wireless Future (as project manager)
- Digital Convergence Initiative (as former board member)
- Plutopia Productions (as cofounder and Chief Digital Officer)
- Polycot Consulting (as cofounder and CEO)
- Social Web Strategies (as cofounder and social media consultant)
There’s more information at Wikipedia.